Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Potato and Leek Soup

Makin' bacon

Last night, I used my sister's basic recipe for potato soup. You can find 'Easy Peasy Potato Soup' in the recipe archive, dated Nov 12, 2009 under the label "soups". 

There were a few minor modifications. I used leeks, which I flavoured with salt and pepper and softened/sauteed in butter prior to adding them to the potato mixture, and I boiled a spring of fresh thyme with the potatoes. (No chives or nutmeg required). The pièce de resistance was crumbled triple-smoked fried bacon that I used as both decoration and flavour-enhancer. It brought diners to their knees.

Didn't take a photo of the soup unfortunately, but did snap the bacon frying.

Editorial Note:For another very exciting leek dish check out the Friday October 2, 2009 recipe for leek quiche archived under the label "eggs".

No comments: